Future Opportunity: Data Scientist
- Dublin, GA
Do you view data as an art and a science? So do we.
How we support you:
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, hotel and travel discounts, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
As an Industry Data Scientist, you will help clients understand and extract insight and value from their data using Machine Learning and AI techniques. Working as part of a team, you will be involved in all phases of analytics projects including: question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing. This role will explore and understand data and build advanced solutions that could be predictive, prescriptive, or optimize. You are able to translate real world problems into quantitative language, find or build algorithms to solve those problems, and implement them in code. You will be working on full data science pipeline, bringing solutions from research to production.
• Lead and run a small team of data scientists
• Deliver data science insights using statistical, data mining, and machine and deep learning
• Understand client needs and build solutions for them
• Provide thought leadership for projects and about leading technologies
• Keep up-to-date on AI trends
Here's what you need:
• 5+ years of experience using statistics and data science
• 5+ years of experience developing machine learning using clustering, regression, optimization, recommendation, and neural networks, among other techniques
• 2+ years of experience with data science tools like Python, R, Scala, Julia, SAS , SPSS, MATLAB, MicroStrategy, or Tableau
• Proficiency in SQL.
• Strong vision and critical thinking
• Contribute new ideas and challenge the status quo when appropriate
• Form and motivate the team at the different stages of growth
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for problem solving
• Experience working with cloud services like AWS, Google, and Azure
~Must be able to travel to client locations as needed
Bonus points if:
• You've got a master's degree in a related field
• You've worked as a consultant on big data projects
• You're passionate, creative, and forward thinking
• You know how to use big data tools like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top