Future Opportunity: Business Development - San Francisco, CA
- Reedley, CA
As a Business Development Professional, you will be responsible for leading and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and fast-growing business with direct clients. You will also work closely with partners driving new business. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
Your Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understanding the needs of your partners and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Meeting with potential clients to grow, maintain and demonstrate relationships.
- Applying and demonstrate the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Using detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Occasionally traveling to your client's site, as needed.
You are a deal maker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with energy, drive and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, clients and others at any level inside and outside your organization.
Your Background and Skills Include:
- Selling Digital, Cloud, ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include global delivery.
- Working effectively with Accenture, Microsoft & other partners to grow their book of business.
- Previewing, identifying and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities.
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities.
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices.
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions.
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.
- 7+ years of experience in business development, relationship building & advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top