Future Opportunity: Azure Data Engineer
- Dublin, GA
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You're a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you're comfortable looking after several projects at once. You're able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the Role:
As a Senior Consultant, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to the business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day-to-day you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Author reports that include key performance indicators show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required
Your Skills and Experience Include:
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies and how to apply them in business
- Employing statistical and data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience in structured problem solving
- Great project and people management
- Using SharePoint, PowerPivot, SRRS, Excel - including pivot tables and macros
- Working with SQL.
You're likely to have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have five to seven years of relevant professional experience.
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top