Future Opportunity: Azure Data Architect
- Abilene, TX
How we support you:
Do you want to work in an environment that supports you? We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community! We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance, disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits that cover your well-being, health, dental, vision, insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
You will also lead Data & AI thought leadership, assist with POVs and POCs and provide architecture support for and during the implementation of value-based solutions based on the latest generation methodologies.
- Support business development activities and drive proposals and overall thought leadership via technical workshops, POCs and POVs, etc.
- Apply technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term advanced technology adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud/data advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and methodologies connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud/data readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform
- Be a Data & AI evangelist with customers, partners and external communities!
- Work on project teams to ensure your vision is executed as planned or provide course corrections when necessary
- 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 5+ years' experience working with large complex enterprise accounts architecting cloud solutions for data estate workloads
- 5+ years implementing large scale data projects within the cloud environment
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence remote teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management. required
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in three or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (Postgres, MySQL etc.), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc.), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query
- Data storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Data Governance, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Data Visualization
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required
- Technical Capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Knowledge of Competitors: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top