Future Opportunity: Advisory, Manager/Group Manager - Workplace Experience (WX)
- Rugby, United Kingdom
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group-the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role:
By joining our Modern Workplace Advisory practice, you will be joining a leader in digital, workplace, and employee experience transformation. We are recognised for providing insightful Microsoft eco-system enabled solutions and applying innovative digital studio experiences to complex business problems. You will work in a fast-paced environment that is ground-breaking, collaborative and encouraging of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambition will provide you with a phenomenal platform for your career.
As a Manager/Group Manager, you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical mentorship on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You'll possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You'll be results-oriented, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will:
Focus on providing advisory and implementation insights and services to help clients realise meaningful business growth through workplace and employee experience transformation. You will work with account teams to craft, sell and coordinate the delivery of propositions that address client challenges in the areas of workforce transformation and physical workplace design. You will also have the chance to:
- Support Modern Workplace Practice Leadership on client engagements, responsible for the project management and associated deliverables.
- Develop and evolve future focused workforce and organisation transformation strategies propositions and solutions.
- Support the identification, development, selling and implementation of workplace experience propositions in response to market demand and digital trends.
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics. Delivering sales presentations to clients and responding to RFPs.
- 5+ years of consulting or advisory experience with a focus on client workplace and employee experience strategies.
- Experience selling large, integrated workplace solutions, and the associated organisational/cultural change as a sales leader.
- Experience in consulting methods including:
- Building proposals and solutions and managing the approval process through to release to the client.
- Responding to request for information and proposals from clients.
- Translating technical change in terms of business outcomes.
- Running discovery processes including analysing data, conducting interviews, running workshops.
- Experience in Design Thinking or similar co-creation methods would be beneficial.
- Development of Business Cases and Executive messaging to support change.
- Development of consulting assets to evolve practice capabilities, so they are relevant and differentiated.
- The technical and architecture skills and experience to provide confidence and trust to clients to solve complex transformation scenarios including a number or all of the following:
- Knowledge of different tenant and identity architectures, including Azure AD to support a range of transitional and target models.
- Understand the development capabilities of the Power Apps, PowerBI, Teams and SharePoint platforms and the tangible benefits they can bring to clients.
- Understanding of the range of Microsoft 365 services, including security, device management.
- Understanding of Windows desktop and associated management and deployment services, in particular SCCM and Intune.
- Knowledge of Windows Virtual Desktop and other virtual desktop computing models.
- Understanding of typical security and compliance requirements, that vary between sectors, that can influence implementation, adoption, and operating model.
- Understanding of the complex dependencies and compatibility matrices across the Microsoft ecosystem, including Windows, Office, Dynamics versions.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft licensing models and their impact to adoption and the business case for transformation.
- Understanding of evergreen and its impact to operating model and operational processes.
- Understanding of the role of change enablement to successfully deliver business transformations.
- Knowledge of public Cloud deployment, including Azure would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of business applications, particularly within the Microsoft ecosystem such as CRM, ERP, EPOS and Field Service would be beneficial.
Disclaimer: This position is a future opportunity within Avanade. We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organisation that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top