As Frontened Developer you will execute complex tasks. You will coordinate and oversee component workstreams and processes in the context of established operational priorities and objectives. You will direct and provide substantive impact on operational activities within Avanade or client organizations within the scope of a larger project or program.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Experiment with new techniques and proofs of concept for improving code practices and methods
- Develop discrete, module site structure and code, with a focus on code reuse
- Conduct code reviews and suggest areas for refactoring or improvement
- Build Avanade's library of reusable features and modules by creating prototypes and proofs of concept
- Create creative technical solutions to address challenges to Avanade and its clients
- Contribute to business development efforts through customer relationships, RFP submission support and identification of growth areas for existing projects
- Communicate technical requirements, benefits or limitations in terms that non-technical staff can easily understand
- Travel as needed.
You are an experienced leader with a passion for emerging technologies and a hunger to innovate. You can work with cross-functional team and diverse clients. You understand User Experience (UX) concepts, techniques and practices, have experience with development for mobile devices and can code to meet specifications.
You would be engaged to drive the product design and MVP roadmap, create UX and Visual Design and define functional specifications for data architecture. The team is about to release it's first version to the client's production environment.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Understanding of common code patterns and standards, such as semantic HTML, Revealing Module Patterns and Immediately Invoked Function Expressions
- Good understanding of code debugging practices and tools
- Experience with Microsoft technologies,
- Would be a plus: experience working with programs used in the role of front-end developer (Visual Studio, Sublime, Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks)
You likely have three or more years of relevant UI/front-end development experience with a Bachelor's Degree in computer science/engineering, computer information systems, web development or a similar degree. You may have experience that can substitute for a degree. You may have a Master's Degree in a related discipline.
Requisition ID - 53530
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top