Avanade Digital Studio is looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join our growing Experience Technology team.
You'll be working closely with other architects, developers, user experience designers, visual designers and testers across multiple platforms and services. You will also be included in the Studio's innovative culture with exposure to emerging technologies such as HoloLens, 3D printing, robotics, and AI.
You'll join an active development community who work on consistent, highly usable, reliable and performant solutions for clients and internal projects. We pride ourselves on writing and maintaining usable, standards-compliant and best practice code for a variety of projects. If you are driven by building amazing websites, web or native apps that impress users and exceed expectations, then this is the place for you!
Are you the right candidate?
- Proficient HTML (5) mark-up in large scale application
- Experience with JS frameworks is highly desirable: React, Angular, Vue, Polymer, NEXT, etc.
- Experience with CSS3 through pre-processors such as LESS / SCSS
- Experience with Node.JS is highly desirable
- Experience with test frameworks such as Mocha and Jasmine
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting including, Typescript, Bootstrap, NPM, Yarn
- Using source control systems such as Git with GitFlow model.
- An aspiration to experiment with newer languages/technologies such as PWA, Web Assembly, Web Workers, Blazor, etc..
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Passion for quality and close attention to details
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
Our Experience Technology community focuses on assisting clients to tackle challenges within the digital world. We integrate best in class technology through our extensive global network, to deliver quality solutions.
The community thrives on utilizing agile best practices such as TDD / BDD, pair programming and continuous integration, whilst contributing towards groundbreaking practices, methodologies, and technologies.
- Competitive compensation
- A prime location in London with the creative Studio workspace
- Access to Avanade University & valuable training opportunities
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner
- Dedicated career manager to support your progression
- Opportunities for global travel
Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within a commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non-negotiable.
Back to top