Finance Operations Manager
As a Manager, Finance Operations, you will be a leader of people, programs, and projects that drives the day-to-day execution of key activities and ensure continuity and operational alignment to teams focused on the consolidation and reporting of financial results within a defined geographic segment. You will provide operational leadership and manage standard processes, projects, and programs.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day to day you will:
- Define, implement and manage monthly business review process and forecast reporting, including data aggregation and integration across all engagements for country/region/area financial reports and projections
- Drive integration, consistency, and operational excellence across the finance function, including partnership and alignment with other finance teams and overall business strategy
- Set and manage budgets and activity/billing rates in alignment with local business plan and organizational goals
- Lead management accounting function to create forecasts and ensure informed decision-making across the business
- Own responsibility for financial performance management and monitoring
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, such as Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint,
- Ability to mentor, lead, and coach team in the resolution of large/complex issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to strive in a fast-pace environment
- Experience with Cognos TM1, SQL and other similar tools
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to and experience with handling and analysing budgets
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience with revenue recognition in technology and consulting environment
Tertiary qualified in Finance, Commerce, Accounting or related field
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
- Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgment of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
- Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership levelling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Ability to travel when required
Requisition ID - 56483
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top