Field Marketing Manager / West Region
The Field Marketing Manager (FMM) reports to the Field Marketing Lead and works with the Lead to define the strategy and plan for the region. The FMM (which can also be called a Client Marketing Manager) develops and implements the marketing plan to support business development by driving brand awareness, demand generation (increased deal origination and sales volume) and build engaging client experiences to support client retention. Also core to this role is aligning to global, area and regional efforts to improve Avanade employee experience and increase employee engagement.
This role is the central point of contact in the region working with the Sales, Alliance and Market Unit teams, as well as key partners on the Marketing team. Partner management as well as the ability to balance critical thinking with tactical, detailed execution are key to the role. The FMM works with a Demand Generation Project Manager to help drive execution of the plan.
Day-to-day the FMM
- Plans and executes marketing programs in support of the regional business and sales priorities via an approved marketing plan:
- Plan and implement local market events, programs and account-centric activities to drive lead generation, client engagement and retention and local market awareness working closely with the sales team.
- Handle marketing execution to the established region budget.
- Partner with Accenture, Microsoft and additional strategic partners to drive joint regional go-to-market programs.
- Handle all marketing activities (campaigns, events, digital marketing and partner activities) and outcomes to detailed perfection meeting deadlines and budget.
- Develop campaign flows for significant initiatives, supporting Avanade's key campaign topics, demonstrating the inter-connected flows between all elements including physical and digital channels.
- Serve as the marketing specialist in region. Be a student of field marketing recommended practices and new digital innovations and use these ideas in events and programs.
- Partner with global and area marketing, as well as regional leadership, to drive employee engagement and consistent/positive Avanade employee experiences.
Manage key partner relationships
- Act as the primary region contact with the Leadership and Sales teams to execute events, programs and activities; attend regular Sales meetings and present Marketing updates.
- Participate in regular FMM and global marketing meetings, sharing recommended practices and information.
- Work with the Demand Generation Project Manager in execution of events, activities and programs.
- Meet regularly with the Field Marketing Lead to provide status on execution of the marketing plan.
- Maintain understanding and line of sight to all global and area marketing programs in order to communicate 360 view of marketing impact to the region.
- Proactively share recommended practices and successes with NA Marketing and regional sales leadership.
Manage the region budget, established metrics and key reporting cadence.
- Lead all aspects of the region budget working with the Demand Generation Project Manager.
- Meticulously handle the open/lead process with keen oversight to meet the NA goal.
- Provide region results, and key achievements in the quarterly report out to marketing leadership.
- Support the client evidence process by working with account owners to identify new wins and develop public references and case studies;
- Manage development of the evidence assets from end-to-end per the established goal for the region.
- 8+ years of B2B field marketing experience or relevant experience.
- 3+ years marketing experience within a IT / Technical Services or Professional services industry. Microsoft experienced a plus.
- Highly proactive individual who can work with multiple internal and external partners, at all levels, and maintain great relationships.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and able to work well cross-functionally
- References from sales leaders.
- Strong project management skills including effective prioritization, organization and multi - tasking skills as well as budget management
- References from at least two sales leaders you have driven results for previously.
- Has tremendous examples of shown ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent executive communication skills. Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft enterprise technologies, including Microsoft Office, Teams, and SharePoint.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, another related field, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Back to top