Experience Technologist Manager
Avanade, a well-respected technical/Digital consulting firm, is looking for an Experience Technologist to join our fast-growing, energetic Digital Team.
Why join Avanade? Are you passionate about building better user experiences? Do you want to create experiences that have a positive and lasting impact on people's lives? Avanade's newly launched Digital Studio engages a diverse array of design challenges across various industries, working with a variety of internationally recognised brands. We solve these challenges with an equally diverse array of products, from internal and external line-of-business applications, to public-facing websites, to mobile and tablet applications. The demand for experience design is rapidly growing – so much that we need more people like you to join our all-star team.
As an Experience Technologist at Avanade, you will be closely working with UX Architects and Interaction Designers helping turn designed experiences into reality. We provide efficient and scalable solutions to deliver a seamless experience across multiple touch-points. Our goal is to help designers shape and imagine the future. Joining Avanade, you will be part of a global team and be working with team members internationally.
The Consultant, Experience Technology builds modern, functional, and responsive web user interfaces across screen sizes.
- Maintain a finger-on-the-pulse awareness of new technologies and best practices by following industry publications and blogs
- Experiment with new techniques and proofs of concept for improving code
- Develop discrete, modular site structure and code, with a focus on reusability of code (write once, run anywhere)
- Provide direction and examples for junior developers to follow
- Conduct code reviews for project work and suggest areas for refactoring or improvement
- Help build Avanade's library of reusable features and modules by building prototypes and proofs of concept
- Create creative technical solutions to address challenges for Avanade and their clients
- Evangelize quality of code and attention to detail within Avanade through informal communication, formal presentations and training sessions
- Contribute to business development efforts through customer relationships, RFP submission support and identification of growth areas for existing projects
- Work with other teammates who lead various aspects of the project: UX Architects, Creative Leads and Visual Designers, Business Analysts, and Project Managers
- Communicates technical requirements, benefits, or limitations in terms that non-technical staff and easily digest
- Proactively communicate concerns or questions regarding project work and expectations
- Knowledge of current development of tools and frameworks used in front-end development: Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, Ember, Xamarin,PhoneGap, Grunt, Handlebars, SASS, Less
- Working ability with various programs used in the role of a front-end developer: Visual Studio, Sublime, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Fireworks
- Familiarity with common code patterns and standards: semantic HTML, Revealing Module Pattern, Immediately Invoked Function Expressions
- Understand code debugging practices and tools: Browser compatibility and feature support, integrated developer tools, error trapping, breakpoints, Fiddler
- Some experience with Microsoft technologies (e.g., SharePoint, Sitecorp, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio)
- Understanding of UX concepts, techniques and practices
- Experience with development for mobile devices
- Ability to code to meet specifications
- Can work with cross-functional teams and diverse clients
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate" "Accountable for verifying accuracy and quality of others' work products against established standards, precedents, and best practices
- Accountable for chargeability and training targets
- Accountable for project and annual goals
Primarily an individual contributor in work as part of larger team
Executes complex tasks and coordinates/oversees component workstreams/processes in the context of established operational priorities and objectives
Direct and substantive impact on operational activities within Avanade or customer organizations within the scope of a larger project/program
Variety: Work is diverse within the scope of a professional discipline/function/Market Unit, often requiring new/different inputs, processes, and/or outcomes
Autonomy: Exercises significant discretion to carry out operational tactics and activities in alignment with established objectives
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients. Our professionals combine technology, business and Digital industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 28,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
- 8+ years relevant UI / front-end development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Web Development or similar degree.
- Experience may substitute for degree
- Masters in related discipline a plus but not required
- Demonstrates ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
You will have the flexibility to work from home with some travel required to meet with clients
Requisition ID - 46993
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top