Executive- Apps Dev & Modernization Offering Lead NA
The North America (NA Area) Offering Lead is an Executive leadership role responsible for the overall performance and growth of a given Offering(s) in their assigned geography. Geography in this case is at the Area level for all of North America.
This role is responsible for developing Offering(s) business strategy, overseeing and delivering against sales and financial performance measure.
The Apps Dev & Modernization & Offering Lead for NA will provide go to market and origination enablement and support for their Area. This will be executed through closer alignment with global marketing area sales leadership, and target packaged offering creation teams. The Area Offering Lead supports quality and solutions in their Area, mitigating future and resolving present quality/delivery issues. This role works closely with the Area execs and the Area Offering Lead to implement strategy for offering investments and grow the business. The Area Offering Lead is expected to support cross-Market Unit solutions and outcomes, ensuring Avanade delivers full-spectrum solutions and value for clients and results for the business.
This role is also accountable for ensuring successful delivery outcomes through their leadership in the assigned Area, and will be working directly with clients (on projects and otherwise) to drive delivery, and sales, results.
Business & Commercial:
- Defines Offering strategy for assigned geography; aligns to Global/Area Market Unit strategy to ensure positive organizational results as determined by the Global Lead.
- Partners with peers in other geographies and with the Area-level Market Unit Lead to help establish the strategy and operations plans
- Supports business development through all stages of the DEEPR deal pursuit process; reviews and approves deals and ROMs at the assigned geo-level
- Manages budget against assigned Area metrics; provides forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
- Supports decisions on investments within the Market Unit to help grow the offering and practice
- Manages resource escalations for projects to maintain effective business operations and project outcomes
- Partners with Area Capability Lead on MU workforce strategy to ensure right supply of skills and people to support the MU needs, balancing supply vs demand timing and optimal GDN participation
- Effectively positions Market Unit and cross-Market Unit offerings within the Area sales channel
- Develops strong, effective relationships with peer Offering Leads to develop winning strategies and engage in joint sales pursuits
Solution & Delivery:
- Leads solution planning, design efforts across teams and work streams, delivering value for clients (chargeability may vary by geo)
- Manages effective delivery of Market Unit work to clients, ensuring adherence to Avanade methodologies to meet Avanade and client financial expectations; collaborates with DM leads to surface delivery issues and estimate EAC outcomes
- Becomes a direct partner to clients, particularly at executive level, ensuring they receive required engagement value and supporting future sales pipeline
- Ensures strong client satisfaction and appropriate follow-up to client satisfaction survey results; enables and ensures lighthouse success stories throughout project offerings.
- Maximizes involvement of GDN in solution planning and ensures that deal is shaped to optimize leverage of GDN
People & Organization:
- Supports Market Unit personnel activities, including hiring, staffing, skills forecasting and career development
- Implements practices and discipline to manage employee utilization
- Manages chargeability targets for the geo, developing strategies to deliver targets
- Partners with Area Executive(s) to determine priorities for staff positioning on client projects, business development activities and internal investments initiatives
- Partners with Area Capability lead to ensure Avanade
15+ years' relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management
10+ years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly leading consultants
Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related) or MBA
Technology & Certifications
Focus on Application Development and Modernization with significant enterprise experience with Software Engineering/Development, Cloud, PaaS, Dev Ops, Agile, etc.
No certifications required in lieu of work experience. The following certifications are considered highly valuable: SISA, SIDL, QAD, and relevant Microsoft Certifications. Project-management certifications (e.g., PMP, PRINCE2, PMI) also valued.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience Requirements
Business Leadership Experience
- Experience helping grow a technology services business through strategy and sales contribution
- Experience establishing a presence in the target market and in the minds of key clients through client interactions and executive presence
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing and negotiation capabilities
- Track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships
Consulting & Delivery Experience
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Ability to guide and direct leadership teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings
- Significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Deep technical expertise in domains relevant to Offering solution portfolio
Ability to travel up to 80% within North America
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 45894
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top