Entry Level UX Design, Houston, September
About the role
The UX (User Experience) Design team specializes in human centered design. It is responsible for knowing the people it is designing for and the objectives of its stakeholders. It humanizes technology and empowers business.
As Analyst, UX Design, you will assist with customer engagements and create UX/creative transformation deliverables on projects. You will primarily focus on architecture task areas and usability testing. You will assist in workshops to gather stakeholders' requirements using a pool of techniques to help break down barriers, communicate better and generate new ideas.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Execute user research with the right mix of methodologies such as user tests, in-depth interviews, focus-groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys
- Facilitate brainstorm and work sessions with cross-disciplinary teams in order to move the knowledge of the research into a vision and design strategy
- Support delivery and design of digital products or services employing the right mix of human-centered design processes and tools
- Support change management execution at the appropriate phase in the adoption process of new product or service
- Evangelize Experience Design within Avanade through information communication, formal presentations and training sessions
- Work with other team members who lead various aspects of the project
- Travel as needed.
You are an innovator with knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies. You have knowledge of UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies. You may have knowledge of user experience disciplines such as content strategy.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in interaction design, human factors, computer interaction, behavioral psychology, human/computer interaction, a similar degree or experience that may substitute for a degree. You may have some experience in UX work.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience:
Some experience in UX work needed
Management Experience: N/A
Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree; experience may substitute degree
- Knowledge of UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing, and content strategies
- Knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies preferred
- Prefer knowledge of user experience disciplines such as and content strategy preferred
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirement:
Requisition ID - 53866
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top