Entry Level Software Engineer, Edmonton
About the job
Analysts provide technical, administrative or operational support to the business. This role offers the opportunity to work independently and make decisions with general supervision.
As an Analyst, Solution Developer you will contribute to functional and technical design, as well as coding and testing software applications to meet business requirements. We will look to you to apply your technical knowledge and expertise to implement configuration changes and maintain software applications.
In this client-facing role, you will:
- Develop and deliver detailed IT solutions through consulting project activities
- Bring interpersonal and technical skills to engagements
- Proactively identify problems, system architecture definition, hardware and software specification and design, and recommend implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment.
You will also be responsible for project management, including interacting with company and client managers and monitoring costs and schedules. You may also be involved in estimating project costs, generating proposals and invoicing when needed. As you work with clients, you will be looking out for additional product or services opportunities. You will also be likely to contribute to sales and proposal presentations, and team account activities. At this level, performance is typically based on billable hours, and measured by the effectiveness of solutions delivery within agreed time and cost schedules.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or computer-related discipline
Major GPA of a 3.0 or above. Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above (3.0 or above highly desired).
Passion for technology
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to excel in a team-oriented, project based work environment
Demonstrated leadership experience in an academic, extracurricular or professional setting
Previous work, internship or co-op experience, preferably with customer-facing responsibilities
Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on your feet
Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time to the customer location
Knowledgeable of requirements gathering methods and tools.
Understanding of software development, implementation lifecycle, and DevOps tooling
Programming experience using C#, C++, or Java
Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other relational database management systems
Functional knowledge of a development methodology
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 0-1 years experience
Education: Bachelor degree required
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - "Customer Focus"
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for learning
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel (80%)
- Process documentation and analysis
- Requirements gathering methods and tools
- Understanding of software development and implementation lifecycle
- Knowledgeable of requirements gathering methods and tools.
- Understanding of software development, implementation lifecycle, and DevOps tooling
- Programming experience using C#, C++, or Java
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other relational database management systems
- Experience with NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
- Experience with Azure, Google apps, continuous development
- Functional knowledge of a development methodology
Requisition ID - 47861
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top