Entry Level Software Engineer - Denver
At Avanade we create change for a living. Joining us is your chance to do the same.
We help the world's biggest and most innovative organizations realize results in a digital world with business technology solutions, cloud and managed services that combine our insight, innovation and expertise in Microsoft technologies. And we use our position as the best Microsoft innovator in the world to make a genuine impact on the world around us.
We have over 25 ,000 people working in more than 20 countries worldwide. Our people have helped thousands of organizations in all industries improve business agility, employee productivity and customer loyalty. And our collaborative approach means we act as one global team, providing unrivalled opportunities for learning, development and a rewarding future.
Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation, and is majority owned by Accenture. You can find out more at www.avanade.com/careers
About the job
Analysts provide technical, administrative or operational support to the business. This role offers the opportunity to work independently and make decisions with general supervision.
As an Analyst within Solution Development, you will contribute to functional and technical design, as well as coding and testing software applications to meet business requirements. We will look to you to apply your technical knowledge and expertise to implement configuration changes and maintain software applications.
In this client-facing role, you will:
- Develop and deliver detailed IT solutions through consulting project activities
- Bring interpersonal and technical skills to engagements
- Proactively identify problems, system architecture definition, hardware and software specification and design, and recommend implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment.
You will also be responsible for project management, including interacting with company and client managers and monitoring costs and schedules. You may also be involved in estimating project costs, generating proposals and invoicing when needed.
As you work with clients, you will be looking out for additional product or services opportunities. You will also be likely to contribute to sales and proposal presentations, and team account activities. At this level, performance is typically based on billable hours, and measured by the effectiveness of solutions delivery within agreed time and cost schedules.
You should have 0 - 3 years' project experience in a consulting environment, and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or a related field.
You also need to be proficient in .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Years of Experience: 0-3 years experience
Management Experience: None
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - "Customer Focus"
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for learning
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel (80%) of the work week
- Ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an academic, extracurricular or professional setting
- Previous work, internship or co-op experience, preferably with customer-facing responsibilities
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
Minimum technical requirements
- Major GPA of a 3.0 or above. Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above (3.0 or above highly desired).
- Programming experience using C#, C++, or Java
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other relational database management systems
- Process documentation and analysis
- Requirements gathering methods and tools
- Understanding of software development and implementation lifecycle
- Knowledge of a development methodology
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Microsoft Project (working knowledge)
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 46003
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top