Entry Level Infrastructure Engineer, Houston, Dallas
About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and supports IT systems for Avanade clients. The scope and expertise of this team's work spans security, availability, operating system, business applications, computing, storage, database, networking and operations, typically in Microsoft or multi-vendor environments.
As an Infrastructure Consulting Analyst, you will help design, implement and support such systems and technologies. You will play a vital role in delivering top-quality IT systems that solve our clients' business problems to help them better service their clients and be more competitive.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Help define and establish IT operations, processes, procedures and toolsets to manage and maintain client solutions
- Develop, modify and improve client infrastructure solutions
- Support infrastructure deployment efforts
- Support systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Support change management efforts as directed by senior team members and change specialists.
You are a passionate IT professional eager to deepen your experience and grow in your career. You like the idea of applying your technical skills to solve real-world business problems to be able to see how your work makes a difference in the world.
Your technical skills likely include:
- Knowledge of at least some of these areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
- Familiarity with operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility.
Your non-technical skills likely include:
- Prior project or consulting work
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders
- Good communications and presentations skills
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
Some experience in systems engineering and/or infrastructure work is ideal, including relevant training and education. You will likely have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology or a similar field. We would like to see you attain your Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification in Windows Server 2012 and your Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification in Server Infrastructure within two years of your hire date.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 0-2 years
Management Experience: None
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with computer hardware, operating systems and platforms, and Desktop Platform
- Experience with networking with versions Windows 2003 and higher
- Understanding of Microsoft Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Microsoft Operations Manager, OCS , TCP/IP, Ethernet, Internet, Enhanced Routing (OSPF), and VPN Network Skills
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47776
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top