Entry Level Infrastructure Consulting - Toronto
About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and supports IT systems for Avanade clients. The scope and expertise of this team's work spans security, availability, operating system, business applications, computing, storage, database, networking and operations, typically in Microsoft or multi-vendor environments.
As an Infrastructure Consulting Analyst, you will help design, implement and support such systems and technologies. You will play a vital role in delivering top-quality IT systems that solve our clients' business problems to help them better service their clients and be more competitive.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Help define and establish IT operations, processes, procedures and tool sets to manage and maintain client solutions
- Develop, modify and improve client infrastructure solutions
- Support infrastructure deployment efforts
- Support systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Support change management efforts as directed by senior team members and change specialists.
You are a passionate IT professional eager to deepen your experience and growing your career. You like the idea of applying your technical skills to solve real-world business problems to be able to see how your work makes a difference in the world.
Your technical skills likely include:
- Knowledge of at least some of these areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
- Familiarity with operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility.
Your non-technical skills likely include:
- Prior project or consulting work
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders
- Good communications and presentations skills
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
Some experience in systems engineering and/or infrastructure work is ideal, including relevant training and education. You will likely have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. We would like to see you attain your Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification in Windows Server 2012 and your Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification in Server Infrastructure within two years of your hire date.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com .
Back to top