Entry Level Advanced Analytics - Southwest
About the role
The Advanced Analytics team provides leadership and vision for developing and implementing data analytics and modeling strategies. It provides data-driven insights and action plans to steer business strategy and decisions for various business segments. The Advanced Analytics team identifies new analytic tools and techniques, and leads the development and deployment of infrastructure for generating and analyzing information. It guides Avanade and our clients in creating innovative, data-driven solutions and using advanced statistical, data mining and machine-learning techniques.
As an Analyst, Advanced Analytics, you will apply your understanding of complex data analysis and modeling to help project teams extract value from their data. You will work under the direction of other team members to support question formulation, design, research and development, implementation and testing.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support project teams in developing client solutions that are driven by exploratory data analysis
- Apply your knowledge of statistics, programming, data modeling, simulation and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions and make valuable discoveries that lead to better business decision-making
- Conduct data analysis tests in line with agreed-upon strategies
- Communicate analysis results and recommendations to team members and clients
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Travel as needed.
You love numbers, data and puzzles. You know how to see the big picture in a complex pattern and are adept at helping others see it, too. You are technically skilled at data analysis but also a good communicator, especially to non-technical business audiences. Your specific skillset likely includes:
- Experience with at least one key analytics tools (e.g., R, Revolution R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, MicroStrategy, Tableau)
- Knowledge of data mining, analysis and modeling of large scale, complex data sets
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing) and optimization algorithms
- Ability to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Four-year bachelor's degree
It is likely that you have relevant schoolwork, training or experience in data analytics.
To qualify for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment-based work authorization
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 55402
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top