Enterprise Monitoring Architect
About The Job
Our Infrastructure Services function manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As an Enterprise Monitoring Architect, you will design, implement, and manage enterprise Azure cloud/On-premise infrastructure monitoring solutions for our clients. You will be a technical subject matter expert on cloud, hybrid and on-premise IT systems as it relates to SCOM and OMS. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our clients. You will develop relationships with key stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide, complex cloud monitoring solutions.
- Execute technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure.
- Lead technical discussions with client executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements.
- Traveling to customer sites as needed.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with technical teams as client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your skillset likely includes:
- Designing, implementing, and managing monitoring solutions for Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Designing, implementing, and managing monitoring solutions for on premise Microsoft infrastructure.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture
- Providing support for SCOM and OMS platforms, and creating monitoring and notification rules.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- Working and leading global teams and offshore resources.
- 5+ years of IT experience, including designing and deploying enterprise scale monitoring solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of networking technologies, performance tuning, automation, storage, operating systems, and applications.
- Extensive experience with SCOM (including IIS, SQL Server, etc.) and OMS.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure, O365), including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47924
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top