Endpoint Transformation/Modernization Consultant - SCCM
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Its expertise spans security, availability/fail-over, operating system/compute, storage, database, networking and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies.
As an Infrastructure Consultant with expertise in Endpoint Transformation/Modernization, you will participate in and sometimes lead the development of complex infrastructure solutions. You will work directly with clients to identify opportunities to transform their information technology landscapes and, as client business requirements change, help modify Avanade-designed infrastructure solutions. With a thorough understanding of both client and Avanade businesses, you will oversee people and project management for projects of moderate size and complexity.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Execute large-scale desktop deployment, platform migration and endpoint management
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Design and conduct systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Create project deliverable documentation, including design, build and operations guides
- Travel as needed.
You are a technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Knowledge of several of the following areas: System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) or Microsoft Intune
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
You likely have at least three years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
- 3+ years' experience with System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) design/architecture and implementation experience is a must.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, Windows 7/8/10 desktop transformation/desktop modernization
- PowerShell scripting
- Application Packaging and Windows Imaging
- Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructure
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Knowledge of desktop and application virtualization
- Must be open to travel to customer locations
- Experience with EMS, MDM, Intune, O365 are plus
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 56419
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top