Dynamics 365 Technical Architect
About the role:
As part of the Global Business Applications Market Unit, the D365 Technical Architect is responsible for assessing client requirements and architecture in order to design secure, high-performance technical solutions that maximize the potential of the D365 platform and meet the client's requirements.
You'll partner closely with the Regional MU Leads and teams to provide assistance or lead workstreams from pre-sale, workload assessment, client presentations, RFP answers, QA, down to critical delivery phases when Regions need the highest expertise level. You will also have a cross Region and Area role in designing overall Technical Architecture best practices guidelines, and promoting their application in all Regions.
This role covers "BA", i.e. D365 with a focus on CRM and the integration between CRM and ERP.
- You are responsible for requirements assessment, architecture design, development, prototyping, and testing
- You are the main counterpart to client's CTO and CIO when it comes to technical architecture, performance, security, scalability and IT governance matters
- In this role, you shall lead, provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, enterprise architecture standards, working closely with functional consultants to develop business solutions for our clients, and solve complex issues
- You will also be responsible for assessing and estimating workloads during pre-sales stages, or for reviewing and challenging other teams assessment.
- You support and orchestrate resolution of quality and client delivery challenges and issues
- You Develop strong, effective relationships with Regional Technical teams, and lead knowledge sharing on your specific domain
- You team with the global Center of Excellence (CoE) on offering and asset development
- You provide architectural and big-picture oversight for development of new or enhanced software products, and are responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of the software architecture across the system, in close relationship with architects from our Global Delivery Network (GDN)
- You provide day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams (locally or throughout the GDN)
- You stay up-to-date on innovation and new initiatives launched by Microsoft and other leading players in the technology space, that relate to Business Applications
- You travel as dictated by the business (mostly in Asia or Brazil, but occasionally to support projects in NA or Europe).
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You're adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
- Perspective and helicopter view: be able to step back and take distance from details
- Strong communication skills combined with a customer oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Continuous improvement of yourself, learning new trends and products
- Be conscious of resourcing constraints, costs and economic reality
- Sense of responsibility and ownership
- Good knowledge of testing best-practices
- Fluent in English
What you should bring to the table:
- A higher degree in IT or an equivalent area
- Min. 12 years of development/programming experience, with 5 years at least in Software Architecture.
- Practical and technical experience in a Microsoft development environment Knowledge of .NET is a strong asset (C# and/or VB.NET, XML, web services, etc.)
- Practical and technical experience in a Microsoft Dynamics AX/365fOps (Morph-x and X++) and CRM environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX/CRM and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Azure cloud deployment of Dynamics 365 environments and the LCS tools
- Practical database and performance skills (SQL/SSMS/Trace Parser/...)
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top