Dynamics 365 CRM Business Analysis - All Major Metros - US
Manager, IT Strategy - Advisory
About Avanade's Advisory Practice
The North American Advisory team is responsible for long-term strategy and business solutions, providing advice and leveraging technology advancements while steering our Clients through business transformations. We deliver a broad range of Advisory Strategic Services through an integrated yet collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
Avanade Advisory Practice specializes in engagements across four key Advisory Practice areas: IT Strategy/Applications & Infrastructure which includes our Cyber Security practice area; Modern Workplace; Business Applications Strategy; Change Enablement and Data & AI.
Avanade's Advisory Practice focuses on the Identification, Formulation AND Realization of business strategy objectives utilizing Best Practices Methodology while creating an exceptional Client experience.
Avanade is seeking Manager to expand its advisory capabilities. You will support engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their technology strategy, investments and operating models to support their business priorities. As a successful Manager, you will:
• Support the delivery of a broad range of IT strategy and multiple technical advisory engagements
• Identify and Leverage approaches, appropriate tools and methodologies
• Possess deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
• Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
• Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
• Create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
• Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels
• Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development
• Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics
Required Skills & Experience:
• 6+ years of Management Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients
• Willingness to travel 80% domestically
• Previous experience working on multiple work-streams /engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent & Project & Budget Management responsibilities
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
• Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational and technological issues
• Bachelor's degree in related field, MBA preferred
Preferred Experience and Skills:
The following skills and capabilities are central to the role, depending on Service Area expertise:
• Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable (Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Life Sciences/ Manufacturing/ Utilities/ Media/ Communications/Supply Chain/Business Applications)
• CIO Strategy and IT Strategy
• IT Operating Model & Governance
• Significant IT/Technology industry understanding and/or experience
• Digital Strategy and Transformation, Customer Experience Strategy and Experience Design
• Emerging Technology Strategy and Assessments (RPA, Blockchain, AI/ Bots, AR/VR, etc.)
• Technology Cost and Value Optimization
• Cloud Transformation Assessments (Microsoft Azure preferred)
• Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps)
• Data & Business Intelligence Strategy, Insight and Analytics (leveraging Microsoft technologies)
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Avanade® Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act . We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Joshua C.Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top