Director, Digital Marketing Offering Lead | Southwest
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career...it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about using leading-edge innovation in the delivery of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and collaboration. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork, both within a project team and larger communities within Avanade.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As a SharePoint Solution Developer, you will focus on designing, deploying, and testing solution components of medium to large size and complexity.This position involves migration from several legacy applications through the usage of tools like Quest Migrator to SharePoint Online.You will have key project/program leadership responsibilities, and will serve as a career manager to other Solution Developers. Additionally, you will assist with customer relationship, change requirements, proposal development and some marketing/PR initiatives. Overall, you will contribute to the repository of intellectual property.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
-Manage and review work of team(s) across all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test) in one or more projects
-Direct effort to defining technical, operational and user requirements
-Design conceptual architecture and technical solutions
-Lead and reviews efforts to develop and implement client-approved solution
-Take responsibility for project management of various initiatives, including work estimation, planning, stakeholder management, and group management
-Ensure project quality meets standards through KPI identification and testing plan
-Own partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, beneficial client interaction and solution delivery
-Ensure offshore resources are utilized and leveraged appropriately
-Take active role in sales activities and planning as required
French language skills a bonus
Security Clearance required, secret level a bonus
Records Management Experience a bonus
- Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience with large complex migration and upgrade projects involving SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience of SharePoint content and records management systems(or other), Azure, and .Net technologies.
- Experience leading software development-focused projects
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in leadership roles
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience making use of service brokering in project work
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (e.g., P&Ls, how decisions impact cost, profit, etc.)
- Solid written and spoken communication skills
Educational Background: You will likely possess a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
You will likely have 7+ years of increasingly diverse or complex experience
Nature of Work:
Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgment of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
French language skills are a definite asset
Key Job Requirements:
- Eligible to obtain Security Clearance (Reliability or above) upon hire
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act .
Back to top