Director, Delivery Management
Director, Delivery Management
Do you thrive in an organization that is passionate about changing things for the better? Is being part of a business minded collaborative team important to you? Are you motivated by both personal and professional development, for yourself and for your colleagues? Are you analytical and proactive with business acumen, curiosity and drive? Passionate about Microsoft solutions? If the answer is yes then we want to speak to you!
About the role
The Delivery Management role provides strategic and operational leadership for our Delivery Management practice. The Delivery Management team designs and implements consistent governance processes, best practices, procedures and tools to optimize delivery outcomes. It is active in deal-shaping and works directly with clients to ensure satisfaction and mitigate negative outcomes.
As Director, Delivery Management, you will lead large and complex project teams and programs, and be accountable for their overall management, planning, delivery and client satisfaction. You will evaluate potential partners, assess client business needs and oversee and lead the development, implementation and maintenance of project work plans. You will also be involved in channel development and key sales pursuits and may serve as a career manager or mentor to junior colleagues.
Day-to-day, you will:
Approve project work and cost estimates, coordinate service-level agreements and prioritize resources
- Provide leadership to appropriate onshore, offshore and near-shore staff, and oversee relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage project/program risks, making adjustments as necessary and obtaining buy-in from senior management
- Manage delivery portfolio, monitoring and issue escalation and resolution
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards (legal, commercial, methodology, etc.) throughout delivery
- Represent the project team at client meetings
- Provide strategic direction to all change management and change enablement processes throughout project duration
- As part of the Country leadership team actively contribute to successful attainment of corporate targets
- Travel as required
You are an accomplished project and people manager. You have an impressive track record in systems integration delivery and technology consulting, with a deep understanding of delivery methodologies. You have excellent people skills and are not only comfortable but masterful in the C-suite.
Your skillset and knowledge include:
- Experience successfully managing multiple large, ongoing, high-risk, high-revenue interrelated projects to achieve a specific set of client goals
- Track record of successful sales activities involving large, strategic projects and the ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with C-suite clients while articulating business value in a way that drives and influences future business
Understanding financial management practices as related to projects and programs
- Outstanding business acumen and significant experience managing risk
- Proven ability to become a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to clients while masterfully negotiating sensitive situations and multifaceted contracts
- Client-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding people management skills, including ability to lead a team and mentor individuals in career growth.
Fluent in Finnish and English
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
For an informal conversation contact Tanja Salminen at
firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 9680916
Requisition ID - 51160
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top