Director Business Applications
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at https://www.avanade.com.
Avanade's vision is to be the leading digital innovator, realising results for clients and customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Avanade Advisory compliments rest of Avanade's service streams, enabling end to end solutioning. The move to the cloud (wide spread adoption of cloud based solutions) combined with the tidal wave of digital transformation, means both large and medium sized businesses are looking for strategic partners to help shape and deliver large scale IT change projects. Avanade is positioned to take market share in the technology advisory market, especially with clients who already have a substantial investment in Microsoft technologies.
Avanade's Advisory Services practice accelerates our clients' move from vision to reality. Senior Advisors in our practice actively engage with clients to identify barriers holding them back from achieving their strategic imperatives. They partner at the C-level to ideate and design executable roadmap, strategies and form high level business benefits. We go beyond traditional thinking, creating unique insights based on a deep understanding of our clients' business and objectives.
The Director; Business Applications Advisory, plays an integral part in defining how Avanade and our clients perceive the opportunities ahead relative to business transformation. Providing both thought and team leadership, as well as tangible executional value to C-level executives across our client base, building the kind of relationships that will grow our reputation in the industry. This role is aimed at leading business applications advisory practice in the UK by helping our clients define and develop ERP strategies, define ERP programs and help our clients define and track business benefits.
- With our clients: -
- Responsible for leading and delivering the initial stages of lifecycle for Business Application /ERP projects. Primarily, strategy, plan and some high-level design.
- Advising on how to transform their business processes supported by business applications technology
- Provide thought leadership in ERP transformation, keep abreast of the latest trends and innovative approaches to business process excellence.
- Drive ideation and co-innovation programmes and cross selling Avanade services
- Develop and extend major client relationships at the CxO level through a prominent professional network, previous client impact, and domain expertise.
- Deliver business advisory and project results, especially around operating model design and implementation, connecting business strategy to operational execution with quantifiable results.
- Provide strategy & consulting services, devising, architecting and implementing roadmaps for end-to-end digital transformation engagements.
- Internally: -
- Creating and growing the UK based advisory team
- Working as a regional practice leader in our global advisory community - building and sharing knowledge
- Embedding our advisory approach into the broader UK business
- Ensure project results are delivered to the quality expected.
- Collaborate to harness our capabilities and communities effectively
You are a born influencer; able to build deep rapport with clients, peers and direct reports. As a leader, you foster a "culture of learning" across globally and culturally inclusive teams. You mentor and coach others, while providing constructive feedback and anticipating future talent gap needs.
Your professional skillset includes:
10/15 + years of client facing experience in management consulting, with an emphasis on business applications and ERP advisory.
- Functional expertise in finance, accounting, supply chain, manufacturing & HR or other operational areas that are within the scope of ERP
- Some exposure and understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 software, its capabilities and competitive landscape - ideally with some exposure to other ERP software
Experience leading and delivering projects/client engagements that support clients in strategy development through execution.
Leading large and complex project teams, including managing day to day interactions with executive clients and project sponsors.
Significant track record in client acquisition, with a demonstratable track record of leading business development pursuits - end to end.
A combination of strategy and technology experience, mmanaging relationships with senior clients and other stakeholders
Potentially some functional qualifications - although not mandatory (e.g. CIMA, CIPS etc.)
Strong business acumen across a variety of industries and business functions
Strong leadership skills, able to grow and develop teams which deliver, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth
Proven ability to structure work and frame problems
Demonstrated creativity, strategic thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
Strong business writing skills that demonstrate command of horizontal and vertical logic writing style.
Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills with audiences fo all levels, including senior client leaders.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
Educated to Degree level
Our values are shorthand for who we are and what we stand for, and they influence the behaviours and decisions we make each day. At Avanade we're guided in everything we do by our five core values:
We change things for the better.
We innovate with passion and purpose.
We deliver with excellence.
We believe everyone counts.
We act with integrity and respect.
Our people lie at the heart of our vision and values. They're the source of our digital expertise. They make our success - and our clients' success - possible.
Requisition ID - 55997
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top