Digital Analytics Lead
Founded in 2000 by Accenture and Microsoft, Avanade now has 29,000 staff across more than 20 countries. Armed with innovative thinking and expertise in cutting-edge Microsoft technology, Avanade has been working with customers and their data for years. Bringing big data together with other data systems can yield amazing insights, particularly when presented in ways that users can see information and make decisions that affect the business. Especially as new technologies like Hadoop and R enable cheaper distributed processing and improved analytical capabilities, so the bar from getting insights from new types of data, as well as ever increasing volumes of data, has come down.
Avanade is looking to expand its Australian Data & Analytics practice to meet this growing market demand and is seeking an Advanced Analytics SME.
The Digital Analytics Lead role is critical in influencing and defining Avanade's Digital Analytics strategy in a rapidly shifting and challenging ecosystem of data and analytics. This role's primary responsibility will be to work with Avanade's leadership and field to identify market opportunities where a mix of Microsoft technologies and other solutions solve our clients business opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and grow this part of the business in Australia, including the development of new and existing 'go to market' analytics propositions;
- Own the strategy and technology vision for Digital Analytics solution offerings and developing strategic alliances with industry partners to fulfill that capability, supporting the analytics initiatives with our clients across Avanade's geographies.
- Evangelize, drive awareness and prescriptive sales and technical guidance on delivering innovative and scalable Digital Analytics solutions for the broader market.
- Maintain the relationship with key partners like Microsoft and ensuring joint pipeline development, skills development and promoting market successes.
- Work with Avanade's Managed Services team, to develop 'analytics as a service' propositions;
- Work with Avanade's Digital agenda, helping to embed analytics in to current propositions including Digital Customer, Digital Marketing and Digital Workplace;
- Build an advanced analytics team, through both recruitment and training of existing Data & Analytics team members, based on Microsoft's growing analytical capability in Hadoop and R; and
- Keep abreast of market trends, competitor offerings, Microsoft products and solutions, Accenture initiatives, Avanade field engagements, and thought leadership to identify and quantify opportunities for Avanade
- Build business plans to activate opportunities and offerings including getting investment to support initiatives
- Lead efforts to create differentiated value messages for solutions and create corresponding collateral including solution messaging, sales tools, white papers, and supporting marketing collateral.
- Pro-actively support sales opportunities within both Avanade and Accenture to shape and close business
- 10+ years of experience with a proven record of successfully conceptualizing, designing, and delivery various complex custom build solutions in production in various roles / capacities on the delivery and sales team. Experience with cloud and related development technologies
- Minimum 10 years' experience:
- of analysis tools such as SAS and R;
- in a consulting / client facing roles;
- of building and selling analytics propositions;
- Proficiency in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, the use of predictive modelling, forecasting and sophisticated statistical analysis;
- Familiarity with relational databases, including Microsoft SQL;
- Experience in develop 'analytics as a service' propositions; and
- Experience in building advanced analytics teams.
- Solid understanding of advanced analytics end to end architecture (breadth rather than depth)
- Previous experience of designing and implementing advanced analytics solutions (Architecture experience)
- Business understanding as well as technology understanding
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top