Digital Analytics Architect
About our Associate Network
The Associate Network gives Avanade strategic access to high quality, loyal, vetted and reputable market relevant individuals that can promptly respond to client needs. As part of the Associate Network, you will be able to drive results and have access to leading-edge projects. The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering technical consulting services specialising in Microsoft Solutions with emphasis on Exchange products including migrations, Implementation & detailed design focused with some pre-sales; additional work to perform technical audit and health check services for customer environments. The Associate Network focuses on project-based work and is not full time employment.
The Digital Analytics Architect role drives high priority customer initiatives, leveraging Azure Cloud services to solve the biggest and most complex data challenges faced by Avanade's enterprise customers. This is a pre-sales and technical role, accountable for bringing the most innovative and impactful digital analytics solutions to our clients. You will also be expected to help drive sales and ensure quality solutions with Azure services.
The Digital Analytics Architect is responsible for growing the UK Digital Analytics Market Unit by providing innovative and market relevant solutions that solve our client's business challenges.
As Digital Analytics Architect in UK, you will have two fundamental roles. Outside Avanade, you will be responsible for bringing the most innovative and impactful digital solutions to our clients. Inside Avanade, you will be responsible for the overall performance and growth of the region's Digital Analytics Market Unit.
In the first role, you will be highly engaged with our clients, as well as with our counterparts at Microsoft and Accenture, to promote and grow our Digital Analytics business and ensure we deliver full-spectrum innovative solutions and value for clients. In the second role, you will help drive sales by pitching and estimating Digital Analytics solutions to our clients. To do this, you'll work closely and effectively with the Digital Analytics Market Unit lead, Analytics Talent Community Lead, and our sales team.
- Envision, Shape, and Sell Digital Analytics Projects
- Architect and estimate Analytics solutions
- Present solutions to new clients
- Ensure the architected solutions adhere to Avanade delivery methodologies and achieve high client satisfaction
- Prioritize staff positioning on client projects, business development activities and internal investment initiatives
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios.
You are a leader-whether guiding clients along their digital transformations; educating and motivating the sales team; or working with peer leads to shape and implement solutions.
You can't be chained to a desk. You love to be in front of clients to understand their needs and articulate Avanade's value proposition. You're eager to get out into the Microsoft, Accenture and other partner communities to sell Avanade and network for new opportunities.
You are a visionary, with a vision of how the Digital Analytics team can best sell and deliver market-relevant work-and an even broader vision of the digital marketplace and what our clients want in a digital partner.
- 3+ years of experience with deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark, Storm), noSQL, and business analytics
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions)
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
- Demonstrable hands on experience implementing Big Data solutions using Microsoft Data Platform and Azure Data Services;
- Operationalizing end-to-end cloud analytics solutions
- Create a data factory, orchestrate data processing activities in a data-driven workflow, monitor and manage the data factory, move, transform, and analyze data
- Design data pipelines to support machine-learning solutions
- Create and manage experiments, determine when to pre-process or train inside Machine Learning Studio, select input/output types, apply custom processing steps with R and Python, publish web services
- Design big data real-time processing solutions
- Ingest data for real-time processing, design and provision compute resources, design for lambda architecture, design for real-time processing
- Designing big data batch processing and interactive solutions
- Ingest data for batch and interactive processing, design and provision compute clusters, design for data security, design for batch processing, design interactive queries for big data
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management
- Leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing and negotiation capabilities
- Proficient with Azure cloud computing including big data technologies.
- Desired certifications and accreditations preferably one or more of below or comparable:
- Microsoft Azure Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions (70-475)
- Microsoft Azure Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions (70-473)
- Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science
- Hortonworks (Associate, HDPCD)
- Data technology literate with a detailed understanding of data architecture and data tools and technologies, in particular in memory/in database and open source technology.
- Experience of advanced data analytics and insights techniques (eg, predictive, segmentation, recommendation and sentiment analytics, machine learning techniques and leveraging structured and unstructured data)
- Knowledge and/or experience in one of the following;
- C#, R, Python, SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, JSON, XML, .NET, C++, T-SQL, Java, JSON, PHP
- Hadoop (Hortonworks or Cloudera), Spark, Storm, Pig/Hive
- NoSQL, DocumentDb, MongoDb
- PL/SQL Developer, SQL Query Analyzer, R Studio, PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc, Visual Studio, TFS
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Highly confident, articulate individual who is a team player and works well with others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and able to respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow
Our Associate Network is comprised of experienced independent freelancers with specialist knowledge. By joining our network you will gain access to Avanade's clients, projects, brilliant teams, world-class training and leading-edge technology.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Requisition ID - 51345
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top