Avanade is looking to hire an experienced DevOps Engineer with Cloud experience to join our growing team. As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre requisite All of our roles are project based so typically will involve working on client site throughout the UK: we work both in and outside London and have major projects in cities including Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Swindon and Cambridge.
You can expect up to 80% travel as well as periods working on a dedicated client site.
The role will
You will be responsible for taking visions of product, services or roadmaps and bringing them to life. You will leverage your technical development expertise and create offerings that can be used across Avanade clients. Technical design, coding and unit testing of software solutions for technology platforms in support of system design, development, and maintenance or enhancement efforts. You will often oversee the work of analysts and off-shore developers.
As a DevOps Engineer you will plan, analyse, design, test, deploy and migrate enterprise scale Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Solutions. You will have experience with DevOps methodologies and a solid understanding of development & operations best practices. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
You will be involved with the following:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Leading technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new could platforms.
- Designing architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer's technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Executing technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure.
- Traveling to customer sites as needed.
- Designing and Implementing Continuous Integration, automated testing and deployment while managing the product release pipeline
- Integrating 3rd party tools (Such as Jenkins, Grunt, Maven) with TFS / VSTS. / Azure Team Services
You are equally comfortable working independently and as a team member. You are flexible and can work analytically in a problem-solving environment. You should have at least four years of relevant experience, preferably with some management experience.
- Design and implementation of testing strategy for test automation, performance and load tests (CodedUI, Selenium, Apache JMeter, HPE LoadRunner, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodology (by using Scrum or Kanban templates), and its usage and implementation/customization over ALM tools (TFS/VSTS, Atlassian Jira etc.)
- Cutting edge of skills across functional areas of project management techniques, technology skills, architecture and design and testing capability.
- Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Strong Knowledge of TFS / VSTS.
- Software Build/Integration/Deployment Systems; Operational Release Management Systems, Configuration Management Systems; and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with version control systems including Git
- Experience with Configuration Management tools including Puppet or Chef
- Release management, Deployment/Migrations, Environment management, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, DevOps, Production Support
- Experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT security risks
- Knowledge of Containers, Dockers
- Working knowledge of following technologies:
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Pack (WAP)
- Microsoft System Center (VMM, OM, SM, Orchestrator)
- Hyper-V (VMware, KVM hypervisor exposure desired)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Manager/FIM)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technology-related field preferred
Requisition ID - 46045
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top