About the role
The Experience Technology team turns designed experiences into reality by helping designers shape and imagine the future. It provides efficient and scalable solutions to deliver a seamless experience across multiple touch-points.
As Senior Analyst, Experience Technology, you will assist in building modern, responsive and functional web user interfaces across screen sizes. You will contribute to consulting projects by delivering visual comps, prototypes and final designs. You will maintain a constant awareness of new technologies and best practices and experiment with new techniques and proofs of concept.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support development of discrete, module site structure and code, with a focus on code reuse
- Support code review efforts for project work and suggest areas to refactor or improve
- Build prototypes and proofs of concept that contribute to Avanade's library of reusable features and modules
- Create creative technical solutions to address challenges to Avanade and our clients
- Evangelize quality of code and attention to detail within Avanade through informal communication, formal presentations and training sessions
- Work with teammates who lead other project aspects
- Communicate technical requirements, benefits or limitations in terms that non-technical staff can easily understand
- Travel as needed.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Experience with tools and frameworks used in front-end development including Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, Ember, Xamarin, PhoneGap, Grunt, Handlebars, SASS and Less
- Experience with front-end development tools including Visual Studio, Sublime, Photoshop, Illustrator and Firework
- Familiarity with common code patterns and standards including semantic HTML, Revealing Module Pattern and Immediately Involved Function Expressions
- Understanding of code debugging practices and tools such as browser compatibility and feature support, integrated developer tools, error trapping, breakpoints and Fiddler
- Knowledge of Sitecore and Microsoft technologies including SharePoint and Team Foundation Server
- Understanding of User Experience (UX) concept, techniques and practices
- Ability to code to specifications.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science/engineering, computer information systems, web development or a similar degree or experience that may substitute for a degree. You likely have around one year of relevant UI/front-end development experience.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience:
1+ years relevant UI / front-end development experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Web Development or similar degree; experience may substitute for degree.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies (e.g., SharePoint, Sitecorp, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio)
- Understanding of UX concepts, techniques and practices
- Experience with development for mobile devices
- Ability to code to meet specifications
- Can work with cross-functional teams and diverse clients
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
Requisition ID - 45336
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top