Desktop Consultant/ Exchange Consultant/ Workplace Consultant
Avanade is currently hiring experienced and dynamic IT professionals to join our Infrastructure Consulting team as a Desktop Consultant/ Exchange Consultant/ Workplace Consultant on a permanent basis.
This role will suit an Infrastructure professional who has a strong background with:
- Migration of desktop operating system or exchange platform
- large scale desktop transformation and deployment projects (2000+ seats)
- Exchange and Office365
- Designing and engineering Windows desktop and server builds
You will enjoy working in a client facing role and be keen to travel.
About the role:
- The infrastructure consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients.
- You will be Working on some of the largest leading-edge projects,
- Working as a Workplace Consultant you will be in a customer facing role and you will play an active part in large scale workplace transformation and deployment projects for our customers.
- You will be involved in delivery throughout the complete project lifecycle including design, build, test and deployment.
Working as a Desktop Consultant/ Exchange Consultant/ Workplace Consultant:
- Design and engineer Windows desktop and server builds utilising traditional imaging methods or Windows autopilot. Engage with stakeholders to gather and understand requirements, facilitate design workshops, and deliver documentation sign off.
- Contribute to the design build and test of Exchange and Office 365 environments, including the migration approach and execution of migrations and client deployments.
- Own the delivery of Windows desktop images, their technical engineering and deployment using Microsoft tooling such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), SCCM, WICD and autopilot.
- Design build and test components of the Microsoft Desktop optimization Pack (MDOP)
- Describe Windows As A Service and associated servicing channels (Semi-Annual Channel, Long Term Servicing Branch etc...) and appropriate strategies for managing these deployments.
- Collaborating with the appropriate project teams to create the optimal client outcome
Desktop Consultant/ Exchange Consultant/ Workplace Consultant technical background:
Highly desirable skills:
- Azure I/PaaS
- Office 365
- Citrix & VDI
- Intune & EMS
- Skype for Business inc Voice
- Exchange Server
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
What we offer:
- This is an exciting and rewarding role to be in. You will have an exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a great opportunity to develop yourself.
- We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
- We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
- You'll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training
If you would like to find out more, please call me on 0207 025 1134.
Requisition ID - 51406
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top