Delivery Management Manager
Do you always deliver what you've promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is an excellent management team. We always make sure that the project delivers the objective and matches expectations. At Avanade, we use a best-in-class delivery framework to implement enterprise solutions.
About the role: As you grow your career you will also be building strong management, technical and planning skills. You will improve your abilities to think creatively, design turn-key solutions, and work well with customers. You will also sharpen your technical, management and consulting skills by participating in large, state of the art projects and benefit from the vast knowledge of a collaborative team.
Day to day you will:
- Engage with Avanade Delivery Leadership and Delivery Managers to discuss project activities and ideation on delivery management
- Review estimates and estimate assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and cost and coordinate service levels and agreements prioritizing resources across projects and programs
- Ensure understanding of goals and expectations, address any misalignment, and monitor and control the program to meet/exceed the agreed expectations
- Handle client expectations, relationships, and perceptions to achieve mutual delivery goals, including representing project at governance meetings
- Lead the delivery of the contracted solution on the project level at the agreed upon terms, cost, schedule, and quality level.
- Manage overall project/program risks issues and risks associated with the project, including a balanced scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks, and will handle obstacles through formal change management mechanisms
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan with project approach, including staffing, responsibilities, schedule, traceability of requirements, appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality outcomes
- Engage and lead appropriate onshore, offshore, and nearshore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs) and ensure that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively
- Actively participate in key sales pursuits - engage customers in meaningful dialogue about their business to mutually explore opportunities
Your skills and experience include:
- Proven experience leading multiple ongoing, high risk, high revenue interrelated projects to achieve a specific set of customer business goals.
- Experience creating and implementing work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or customers against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Advanced level understanding of financial management practices and significant experience handling risk effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with customer leadership and project partners. Ability to articulate value delivered in a manner that drives and influences customer commitment and future partnership
- Deep understanding and application of various delivery methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of Systems Integration delivery: Application Assessment & Requirements, Application Design & Architecture, Process & Functional Design, Application Implementation
- Excellent people management skills, including ability to lead a team and mentor individuals in career growth.
- Most projects are local to Seattle, but the ability to travel 80% of the time (Mon-Thu) to the client site is required.
- Previous technology consulting experience preferred.
Back to top