Delivery Management Manager
Do you always deliver what you've promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management. We always make sure that the project delivers the objective and matches expectations. At Avanade, we use an elite delivery framework to implement enterprise solutions.
About the role:
At the Delivery Management team, we are successfully delivering the services and corresponding customer happiness. A Manager at Avanade leads small to medium project teams and/or programs and is accountable for the overall management, planning, and delivery of assigned projects/programs. You may also serve as a Career Manager or provide delivery guidance and mentorship to colleagues.
Day to day you will:
- Engage with Avanade Delivery Leadership and Delivery Managers to discuss projects activities and ideation on delivery learnings
- Review estimates and estimate assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and cost and coordinate service levels and agreements prioritizing resources across projects and programs
- Ensure understanding of goals and expectations, address any misalignment, and monitor and control the program to meet/exceed the agreed expectations
- Manage client expectations, relationships, and perceptions to achieve mutual delivery goals, including representing project at governance meetings
- Lead the delivery of the contracted solution on the project level at the agreed upon terms, cost, schedule, and quality level.
- Manage overall project/program risks issues and risks associated with the project, including balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks, and will manage aspects through formal change management mechanisms
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan with project approach, including staffing, responsibilities, schedule, traceability of requirements, appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality outcomes
- Engage and lead appropriate onshore, offshore, and nearshore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs) and ensure that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively
- Actively participate in key sales pursuits - engage customers in meaningful dialogue about their business to mutually explore opportunities
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs. Your business knowledge and customer-oriented attitude matches your excellent teamwork, strong communication and interpersonal skills and your ability to negotiate effectively.
Your skills and experience include:
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple ongoing, high risk, high revenue interrelated projects to achieve a specific set of customer business goals.
- Experience creating and implementing work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or customers against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Advanced level understanding of financial management practices and significant experience handling risk effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with customer leadership and project partners. Ability to articulate value delivered in a manner that drives and influences customer commitment and future partnership
- Deep understanding and application of various delivery methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of Systems Integration delivery: Application Assessment & Requirements, Application Design & Architecture, Process & Functional Design, Application Implementation
- Excellent people management skills, including ability to lead a team and mentor individuals in career growth.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time (Mon-Fri), prior technology consulting experience preferred.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Joshua C.Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top