Deal Shaping & Pricing Consultant
- Rugby, United Kingdom
About the role: As a member of the Avanade Deal Shaping & Pricing team, you will use your proven analytical & finance skills by providing discernment and expertise to the global team responsible for the financial aspects of crafting and pricing client engagements and other corporate transactions. You will execute complex tasks and provide coordination for processes as well as acting as a SME in the bid process.
About You You are a passionate and hardworking finance professional with a fascination for the shaping of deals, with validated advance analytical and interpersonal skill
Day-to-day, your work will include: Act as a business advisor to Avanade leadership in the crafting of transactions for Avanade's largest engagements, including complex multi-Market Unit consulting and managed services engagements
- Support financial aspects for crafting, structuring and closing transactions and ensuring compelling business cases for both Avanade and its clients
- Preparing and interpreting detailed financial models using bespoke tool set
- Develop creative and innovative executable deals including leading commercial arrangements, often across multiple concurrent deal opportunities
- Preparing detailed pricing responses for client submissions and contributing content for client deliverables.
- Evaluate financial investment performance and underlying costs of an offering through the creation of valuation models, pricing models and preparation of market and competitive assessments
- Drive globally consistent financial deliverables, ensuring accuracy and compliance with internal policies, GAAP and commercial standards
- Documenting alignment with guidance, policies on impacts of modelling key financial elements or contractual terms, including CoLA, Fx, Contingency, Payment Terms
- Support proposal/project teams through management and ownership of financial landscape of deal review and enabling the transition to delivery
- Independently performing advanced calculations, analysis, and/or projections
- Translate detailed financial concepts into usable insights and reports for the business
- Verify accuracy of outputs from critical financial systems and leading troubleshooting and correction activities as needed
- Lead workstreams and processes as a part of a larger project/initiative and verify/check the work of junior colleagues
- Produce deliverables and reports under direction and review of more senior team members
- Proven experience in a finance or pricing related role.
- Tertiary qualified in Commerce, Finance or related field (ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Understanding of consulting/professional services contracts and deal structures (Local and Global)
- Experience of working in technology companies and/or consulting companies
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment and drive outcomes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience dealing with executives regarding financial reporting and accounting matters
- Translation of financial data into tangible business insights
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Knowledge of resource management and staffing costings are helpful
- Strong in Microsoft Office programs: Excel, SharePoint, Word, etc.
Back to top