Data/AI/Analytics Advisory Manager/Group Manager
Manager/Group Manager, Data & AI Strategy - Advisory Practice
About Avanade's Advisory Practice
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group-the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Avanade is seeking Manager to expand its Data/AI/Analytics Advisory capabilities. You will support engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. The deliverables in this role will be of a Strategic nature rather than a software or technology architecture deliverable.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their Data and Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence Strategy, Transformation Initiatives, Investments and Operating Models to support their business priorities.
You will target initiatives to specific industries domains and at driving business value now and solving our client's challenges by virtue of intelligent AI and advanced analytics techniques to realize the promise of building an intelligent business eco-system.
As a successful Manager, you will:
• Support the delivery of a broad range of Data, Analytics, RPA and AI related Strategy / Advisory engagements
• Identify and leverage approaches, appropriate tools and methodologies
• Possess deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
• Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
• Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
• Lead the design and delivery of Data/ Business Intelligence/ AI and automation solutions advisory engagements involving strategy, roadmap and longer-term COE models (Operating models)
• Conduct quick value discovery engagements in Data & AI to identify applicable industry use-cases, help clients understand the effort, potential benefits, technology requirements and develop an opportunity prioritization matrix
• Lead strategy engagements with clients to create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
• Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels
• Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings
• Demonstrate thought leadership to advise clients on Data/Analytics, AI and automation strategy and detailed use cases development by industry
• Develop the intellectual capital of the practice by publication of domain-relevant points of view and white papers
• Actively contribute to the creation of client proposals for consulting and/or transformation engagements focused on Data/Analytics/ AI and automation
• Monitor technology trends and raise awareness of capabilities and innovations in selected domains of expertise
• Support the practice with depth of experience and expertise in the following domains: automation, machine learning, deep learning, advanced analytics, data science, data aggregation & visualization
Required Skills & Experience:
• 6+ years of Management Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients
• Willingness to travel 80% domestically
• Previous experience working on multiple Advisory / Strategy workstreams/engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent & Project & Budget Management responsibilities
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
• Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational and technological issues
• Practical Business Architecture experience (business / operation models, personas, process modelling)
• Understanding of the Data/ Analytics strategy and COE definition; AND/OR;
• Understanding of the Artificial Intelligence space, and the ethical themes for AI such as usage and effectiveness, fairness, transparency, or privacy
• Bachelor's degree in related field, MBA preferred
Preferred Experience and Skills:
The following skills and capabilities are central to the role, depending on Service Area expertise:
• Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable (Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Life Sciences/ Manufacturing/ Utilities/ Media/ Communications/Supply Chain/Business Applications)
• Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps)
• Data & Business Intelligence Strategy, Insight and Analytics (leveraging Microsoft technologies)
• RPA/ Automation Strategy & Roadmap
• AI Strategy & Roadmap
• COE Setup and Operationalization Plan (Analytics, RPA, AI)
• Data & AI maturity assessment
• Process Re-Engineering, Transformation and Adoption
- Sound knowledge in Strategy development involving areas such as Data Architecture, Data Hubbing / Integration, Data Modeling, Data Governance & Management, Data Quality, Data Security, Reporting & Analytics, BI Governance, BI Self-Service ; AND/OR
- Natural Language Processing, Image Recognition, Voice Recognition, Robotics, Automation, Knowledge Graphs & Semantic Search, Genetic / Evolutionary Algorithms, Chatbots & Intelligent Virtual Agents, Recommender Systems, Fuzzy Logics
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Avanade® Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act . We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Back to top