As a Data Scientist, you will leverage your understanding of complex data analysis and modeling to assist project teams in extracting value from their data. Working under the direction of your team members, this role supports question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Support project teams in developing solutions for Avanade's clients driven by exploratory data analysis
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to better business decision making
- Conduct data analyses tests in-line with agreed-upon strategies
- Communicate analysis results and recommendations to team members and clients
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- A Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics) or a degree in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience in working with data sets to build statistical models
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as (Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forrest, Support Vector Machines, Clustering)
- Experience with common data science languages and libraries such as R, Python (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit), Weka, MatLab, etc.
- Skills in applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing etc.
- Expertise on machine learning methodology (data preparation, feature engineering, error metrics, model selection and validation)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and/or HiveQL
- Great communication skills
Good to have
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with distributed computing tools like the Hadoop stack, Spark, Pig, Hive etc.
- Software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/.Net), one or more scripting languages (Perl/Shell)
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, Torch etc.)
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top