Data Engineering Senior Consultant
As a Data Engineering Senior Consultant, you will design and implement projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling, and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision making.
This role will also play a critical part of the data supply chain by ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis. Additionally, you will support the full lifecycle of data from ingesting through analytics to action.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day to day you will:
- Contribute to the planning, requirements, architecture, design and delivery of our clients' data and analytics platforms.
- Ensure data is delivered and integrated in ways that meet client requirements and drive value, using traditional data warehousing and big data technologies.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments.
- Design and implement data storage and extraction, data mining, database architecture, metadata and repository creation using SSIS and/or Azure data integration technologies.
- Analyse current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities.
- Design, develop, customize, and maintain data warehouse models, architectures, metadata and databases for data warehouse and big data platform solutions
- Deliver data to end users using Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, Excel and SharePoint Performance Point.
- Implement effective data governance and data quality processes.
- Participate in the design and development of business intelligence reporting and advanced analytics solutions.
- Work with deal teams to provide subject matter expertise and solutioning support for client proposals and RFPs
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports, and other end-user information portals or resources.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience implementing Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong SQL and SSIS experience
- Demonstrable experience working with database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
- Experience in structured problem-solving assignments and strong project management and people management skills
- Hadoop, R, Python, Azure Analytics experience a strong advantage
Tertiary qualified in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
- Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
- Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
- Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
Ability to travel as required
Requisition ID - 58075
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top