Data Engineering Group Manager
As a Data Engineering Group Manager, you will lead the design and implementation of projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling, and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision making. This role will play a critical part of the data supply chain by ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and insight analysis. Additionally, you will support the full lifecycle of data from ingesting through analytics to action.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Manage the planning, design and delivery of data warehouse, BI and advanced analytics architectures
- Analyze current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data, reporting and analytics capabilities
- Manage relationships and work with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies
- Manage the design and development of standard/custom data warehouse and advanced analytics schematics, layouts, architectures, and repositories for data storage, data integration and data mining
- Ensure data is delivered and integrated in ways that meet client requirements and drive value, using tools such as SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Azure HDInsight, Sqoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, Apache Storm and other related Hadoop technologies
- Customize data storage and extraction, data mining, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Lead creation and implementation of effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Leads design and development of business intelligence, reporting and advanced analytics solutions.
- Work with deal teams to provide subject matter expertise and solutioning support for client proposals and RFPs
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Lead a team in implementing solutions on client engagements.
- Drive the uplift of the traditional DW and Advanced Analytics capability within the team through mentoring and coaching of other team members.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Demonstrate significant experience working with database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
- Experience working with data integration, statistical and data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience in structured problem solving assignments and strong project management and people management skills
- Advanced SSIS, SSRS, data warehouse, data integration and BI skills
- Advanced SQL Skills, preferably using Microsoft technologies
- Very good understanding of e2e Advanced Analytics/Big Data architectures, tools and technologies
- Practical experience in the implementation of Hadoop integration technologies such as Azure HDInsight, Azure Data Lake, Sqoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, Kafta, Flume, HBase
- Demonstrated Data & Analytics architecture experience
- Very good understanding of machine learning, data science, IoT and AI
- Microsoft HDInsight knowledge and experience is a strong advantage
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess MS/PhD in quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 5-7+ years in data warehousing preferably in management consulting.
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for large-scale, strategically critical work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Complexity: Complex problems that span work domains and require continual alignment to internal and external business issues to deliver expected results across groups.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Chargeability target
- Personal goals
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 47927
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top