Data Engineering Consultant
As a Data Engineering Consultant, you will support implementation of projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling, and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision making. This role will also play a critical part of the data supply chain, by ensuring stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis and insight generation. Additionally, you will support the full lifecycle of data from ingesting through analytics to action.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Support planning, design and delivery of our clients' data warehouse and big data platforms.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and big data platform schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational databases for data storage and data mining
- Deliver data to end users using Power BI, Azure ML, SSRS, SSAS, and Excel.
- Customize data storage and extraction, data mining, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Participate in the design and development of business intelligence reporting and advanced analytics solutions.
- Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing, Hadoop/Big Data, database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
- Knowledge of structured problem solving assignments and strong project management and people management skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in Hadoop programming and/or Azure HDInsight essential
- R, Python, Power BI and Azure ML experience a strong advantage
- Good understanding of IoT and AI concepts
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 3+ years' relevant professional experience.
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Provides technical, administrative, or operational support to solutions.
- Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans for client engagements.
- Complexity: Medium-complexity work that is routine in nature and requires minimal judgement, involving design and some architecture work.
- Discretion: Little-to-no discretion in approach to work objectives.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts primarily impact self and immediate team.
- Supervision Received: Direct, regular supervision & monitoring.
- Knowledge Applied: Little occupation / discipline-relevant knowledge; applies prescribed processes & procedures.
Requisition ID - 47925
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top