Do you know how great data design can support critical business decision-making? So do we.
Data is more than just information: it's valuable insight that gives businesses the knowledge to transform.
You design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses.
About the job
As a Data Architect, you use modern data engineering techniques and analytics to help clients turn information into insight. You collect, aggregate, store and reconcile data from multiple sources, helping to design and build data pipelines, streams, reporting tools, data generators and a whole range of tools to provide information and insight. You develop the predictive analytics that helps clients succeed.
Day to day, you will:
- Share your knowledge and give solution support on proposals, supporting sales teams
- Manage the requirements gathering, analysis and design phases of projects
- Analyze large and complex data, using quantitative and qualitative methods
- Deliver data to users using common desktop programs
- Share your knowledge of best practices in analytics platforms, business intelligence, data management and Big Data
- Produce reports that show key performance indicators (KPIs), improvement opportunities, and problem root causes
- Identify new analytics tools and techniques
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other information portals and resources.
You understand how to turn piles of data into actionable insights that our clients can use to their competitive advantage. You can explain complex analytical concepts in non-technical language that business people can understand.
Your skills and experience include:
- Working with analytical models or techniques and knowing how to apply them in real-life business applications
- Experience working with statistical and data visualization tools and techniques
- Structured problem-solving
- Project and people management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPivot, SQL Server Reporting Services and Excel.
You have a bachelor's degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics or a related field. You may also have master's degree. You've gained at least five years of experience of quantitative analysis in a business setting, including building statistical models. You've had a management role for around three years and the same time or more in consulting. Data is what drives you to tell create and tell a story!
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top