D365FO Functional Consultant - Finance
Do you enjoy connecting people with technology? So do we.
As a functional consultant who loves solving problems with technology - using your good interpersonal and organizational skills to build positive relationships - and with your strong application functionality knowledge you are able to express and build system processes. We'll surround you with people who are as passionate about technology and innovation as you are.
About you You're a natural bridge between client's requirements and system configuration. With your great interpersonal and presentation skills, you establish relationships quickly. Driven to mentor and manage more junior colleagues, you feel comfortable representing the solution to the client. You love working in an informal environment where you can use your initiative to realize results.
You are a specialist and have deep business and product knowledge in the Finance related modules and processes of the Microsoft Dynamics D365 (formerly AX) business application.
About the job Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is all about helping businesses simplify complexity and thrive in the digital age. You'll be solving your client's challenges and turning their needs into goals and solutions through Dynamics 365.
As an ERP Manager Functional Consultant - Finance, you'll collect information, analyse requirements, design and configure a system solution in your specialist areas.
In this role, you'll: • Create and implement work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; support translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
• Work independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. You will be given significant latitude in judgment & approach.
• Manage the documentation of business and system processes making use of business process libraries to select tools and accelerators. Manage work of Business Analysts.
• Create or evaluate the customer's business process decomposition.
• Prototype and configure the respective business processes in AX/D365FO making sure the system reacts according to the constraints defined by the customer
• Speak to hiring manages, capability leads, and region Talent Community champions for needs in your local market.
• Assist the technical staff by testing the behaviour of the technology
• Lead client workshops, with client management, to analyse and design solutions for any application and/or process gaps detected during prototyping.
• Write functional design specifications for development items such as reporting, and collaborates with technical team to insure functional requirements are understood.
• Support the key-users in user acceptance testing of the system.
• Train key-users and/or end-users.
• Transition the solution to the support organization.
• Work with the technical consultants to make sure that your clients' needs are incorporated into the specifications and functions
• Create or evaluate a breakdown of your clients' businesses processes so that you can identify and link functional and non-functional requirements
• Write functional design specifications for configuration settings such as license keys, number sequences, personal productivity, plug in and email application setup, module parameters, security, and workflow
• Travel, as needed.
Your skills You have a passion for learning teamed with good business sense and time management, and you know how to lead your clients' expectations effectively. You've probably got a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field and up to two to three years of professional experience.
Ideally, your experience includes: • Possess sound end-to-end SDL process knowledge and experience and have the ability to learn Avanade delivery methodology and tools.
• Possess sound consulting skills and display professional behaviour in client engagement.
• Degree in Science, Business or Information Technology, or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of ERP experience, either in pre-sales or post-sales consulting role
• Relevant experience in implementing and consulting in Microsoft Dynamics AX/D365 ERP
• Knowledge of the finance function, financial reporting and the supporting modules
• Current or recent Microsoft Certification in Finance
• Client facing experience and excellent presentation skills
• Understanding of sales cycle, customer motives and buying criteria
• Strong analytical, problem solving and process and solution-based abilities
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top