Corporate Citizenship - Director
Director of Corporate Citizenship
Job Level: Director (Individual Contributor - no direct reports)
Locations: US or Europe (English Language proficiency required)
About the role:
This Director of Corporate Citizenship role carries primary responsibility for implementing, managing, and measuring the impact of Avanade's corporate citizenship strategy and operations, requiring hands-on doing with driving outcomes. Under the direction of the Corporate Citizenship Council, this includes:
(1) driving the global theme and associated activities;
(2) developing key internal and external messages;
(3) coordinating with stakeholders throughout Avanade, with primary focus on CEO;
(4) managing outreach to, and inputs from, the local and global corporate citizenship communities, as well as corporate parents, Microsoft and Accenture; and
(5) managing the Corporate Citizenship Council.
Day-to-day, you will:
Drive Implementation of Global Corporate Citizenship Theme and Associated Activities
- Shape and manage the foundational elements of Avanade's corporate citizenship approach, including corporate giving (humanitarian crisis support, employee giving, community outreach and the Mitch Hill Endowment Fund), sustainability and a signature partnership.
- Identify and manage the evaluation of options for a signature partnership for Avanade.
Develop Key Internal and External Messages
- In concert with Corporate Communications, develop key messages on Avanade's approach to corporate citizenship for both internal and public engagements.
- Continue to embed corporate citizenship as an integral part of the Avanade story, strategy and business.
Internal Engagement and External Outreach
- Identify and partner with key corporate citizenship advocates across the company to catalyze and manage engagement and commitment from grassroots and beyond.
- Build strong relationship with parent companies Microsoft and Accenture and leverage resources and support where appropriate.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with the NGO community on a global basis.
- Foster and support local community-facing programs aligned to corporate citizenship approach, including employee volunteering.
- Develop education and training materials.
Operations and Management
- Work with the Corporate Citizenship Council to develop strategy, goals and business plan, track progress and follow up on accountabilities.
- Manage business plan and budget preparation, including coordinating various inputs and reviews and assembling presentations.
- Manage development and tracking of metrics and assemble reports based on them for sharing internally with the Corporate Citizenship Council, the CEO and other stakeholders.
- Manage contractor, volunteer, intern and other resources.
- Manage logistics of programs under corporate citizenship.
- Manage vendors, including selection, cost reduction and evaluation.
- Organize Corporate Citizenship Council meetings and calls, including building the agenda, facilitating discussions, collecting feedback, and following up on action items.
Process and Project Management
- Track accountabilities and follow up on meeting action items, deliverables and deadlines.
Assist in preparing presentations using the most current Microsoft tools.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Your experience should include:
- At least eight years' experience in a Corporate Citizenship role.
- Broad, up-to-date knowledge of corporate citizenship to include at minimum: gender equality, charitable gift giving, volunteering, mentoring, sustainability, fundraising
- Positive experience working in a global and virtual corporate environment.
- Strong Project Management:business plan and budget preparation, accountabilities etc.
- Strong messaging experience both internal and public engagements.
Your likely years' managerial experience:
- This is a Hands-on, Individual Contributor role with no direct reports. It requires a strong sense of Management, dealing with Executive Stakeholders and able to manage all process within the Corporate Citizenship function.
In addition, your skillset likely includes:
- Self-starter comfortable initiating and following through independently.
- High level of tact and integrity.
- Extraordinary personal skills -- ability to interact productively with all stakeholders.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and common sense.
- Highly responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Disciplined, focused, detail-oriented and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Comfortably works virtually across time zones.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoys intense, fast-paced, goal-oriented environments focused on results.
- Sense of humor, conviction and commitment.
Your education likely
- College diploma with preference for Master's level.
Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Requisition ID - 46456
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top