Consultant, Digital Marketing Operations (Marketo)
The Consultant, Digital Marketing Operations will collaborate with Avanade's internal clients and lead the creation, optimization and activation of campaign activities using our central engagement marketing platform, Marketo. Specifically, to support all tactics/channels with which we go-to-market: email marketing, events (traditional, RSVP, approval-required, tradeshows/booth visits), paid advertising, .com engagement, campaign-specific nurture flows, telemarketing/teleprospecting, our lead management process, gated website content, proper tracking/attribution, manually importing activities, custom landing page design, etc.
In this role, he/she will partner with country/field marketers in all phases of our campaign framework including: request submission, requirements gathering, asset build-out, custom campaign flows/logic, testing, engagement tracking, scheduled execution and reporting/analytics.
Ability to create/modify the following in Marketo:
- Localized programs using pre-built program templates
- Complex campaign/nurture flows (smart campaigns and smart lists)
- Emails (based on existing/approved templates)
- Web forms
- Landing pages
- Dynamic content
- Ad-hoc reports
- Actionable insights to the field
- Targeted audience list creation/list management
- Filtered/suppressed audience segments that comply with regional/local regulations/laws (e.g., GDPR, CASL, etc.)
Ability to support the following Marketo features/requirements (existing Marketo experience is preferred):
- Channels/tags/program statuses/program setup
- Data management/optimization
- Programs (including engagement programs, event and email programs)
- Trigger and batch smart campaigns
- A/B testing (emails and landing pages)
- Real-time alerts
- Manual campaign response tracking and attribution (e.g., UTM parameters)
- Cloning assets/programs between workspaces
- Replicating and understanding existing/pre-built program templates to support new requests
- Standard analytics/reporting
- Revenue Cycle Analytics/Explorer (RCA/RCE)
A solid understanding of our highly customized Marketo environment at Avanade
Attendance/participation of weekly Marketo Ops Team sync calls
Basic knowledge of Photoshop
Active member/participant of the Marketo Nation Online Community
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member; and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor and not always accept what's requested; outside-the-box thinking
- Strong communication skills (over-communicating in this role is paramount)
- Must display professionalism and confidence
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across various time zones
- Willingness to support time zones that don't necessarily align to the local time zone (e.g., sometimes it's necessary to work outside of the typical 9-5 workday).
- Demonstrate the appropriate technical acumen/desire to operate in a highly complex, customized and powerful engagement marketing platform like Marketo.
While no formal certifications are required – although Marketo Certified Experts are desired – the candidate will have successfully completed/passed a series of prerequisite on-demand training through the Marketo University; and the successful completion of specific tasks associate with that training.
Requisition ID - 47319
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top