Consultant, Data Engineering
About the job
As a Consultant, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required.
You' re got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information . You're a problem solver who's happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
• Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies - and how to apply them in business
• Employing statistical and data visualization tools and techniques
• Experience in structured problem solving
• Great project and people management
• Using SharePoint, PowerPivot, SRRS, Excel - including pivot tables and macros
• Working with SQL .
You're likely to have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You als o have three to five years of relevant professional experience.
Back to top