Consultant, Business Analysis
As a Business Analysis Consultant, you will contribute to and own portions of the customer relationship building and maintenance process including, stakeholder identification and needs assessment.
You will contribute to and own portions of requirements analysis, management, and change approval.
You will be a key supporter in the creation of the BA project and communications plans including, the quality measurement and tracking. Additionally, you will share the responsibility of identifying and communicating risks and issues that may require changes to plans or scope. You possess an improved knowledge of many BA techniques enabling you to contribute with the limited supervision of senior BA counterparts.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Own the evaluation and analysis of project complexity, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies
- Refine the creation and maintenance of stakeholder relationships and engagement, including contributing to communication plan
- Engage appropriate audiences/resources and formalize documentation from requirements elicitation sessions
- Participate in the creation of requirements repository structure, and the enforcement of quality and traceability attributes in requirements delivery for subsequent project activities
- Participate in determining solution performance metrics, learn how to perform measurements, and support subsequent reporting
- Own individual and/or small team efforts in requirements engineering documentation and subsequent communication and response efforts
- Contribute to modeling efforts while refining capability through individual study and working with other analysts and developers
- Apply formal BABOK knowledge and on-the-job experience in most of BA competency
- Enhances understanding through project work of the business needs that are driven down from business case, project scope and task assignments
- Collaborate with senior resources on defect response for implemented solution, including documentation and communication
- Participate in the transfer of functional requirements to development and test team members
- Participate in the test execution of delivered requirements
- Mentor and guide analyst-level roles across activities to enhance team capabilities
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to identify and communicate project issues and risks
- Comfortably interacts with clients and can develop business relationships
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with partners and customers
- Demonstrated ability to apply BA knowledge independently, requesting assistance as needed
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with contributing to the creation and execution of project plans
- Familiarity and knowledge of the content and purpose of project communications plans
- Demonstrates ability to guide the work effort of team members
- Ability to mentor and support the learning of subordinate professionals
- Self-starter, able to complete assigned tasks on time
- Detail oriented in approach to tasks and deliverables
- Contributes to team members and/or team success
- Passionate about IT projects and learning new technologies
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely possess at least 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
Complexity: Complex problems primarily within one's occupation / discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations.
Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with some checking of work.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Personal goals
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 53341
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top