Cloud Transformation Architect - Mid-West Region
Cloud Transformation Architect
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we! The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Advanced Azure solutions. You are able to find the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems.
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will lead teams to plan, analyze, design, build, QA oversight and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology in Public Cloud. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the crafting of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. You will be involved in the selling of Avanade solutions, proposal development, change requirements, some marketing/PR initiatives, developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business as well as some Delivery Solutioning.
You are involved with the following:
• Azure infrastructure enterprise level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services
• Deploying, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and automated manner
• Client operational project resources include updating their on-premise practices to include cloud
• Managed a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources
• Working closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design
• Travel to client locations as needed
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build links between the two. You are an excellent communicator, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
• Understand customers' overall compute estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence
• Apply technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, build cloud transformation roadmaps.
• You will have the technical viability of new deployments, infusing key Azure tools and technologies where appropriate
• Apply deep expertise for cloud migration patterns to develop a multi-channel migration strategy for customers looking to exit data centers
• Apply deep application architecture to help customer build modernization scenarios
• You will develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and insights, and share within the technical community
• Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
• You will assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and ensure its delivery
• Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies, BI technologies, with the technical capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
• Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: Azure Infrastructure, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
• 5+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required
• Consistent record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
• Driving decisions reciprocally, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with outstanding verbal and written communication skills Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
• infrastructure as code experience preferred
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Back to top