Cloud System Engineer/Architect (EG)
About the role
As a Cloud System Engineer/Architect you will plan, analyze, design, test and deploy enterprise scale Microsoft cloud infrastructure solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on premise IT systems. As a Cloud System Engineer/Architect you will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customer's. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
You will be involved with the following:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Office365 (O365) enterprise migrations.
- Leading technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new could platforms.
- Designing architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer's technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Executing technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure.
- Traveling to customer sites as needed.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Knowledge of several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Office365/Azure.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Microsoft collaboration stack including Office 365, Skype for Business (Lync), SharePoint, Yammer
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT security risks
- Working knowledge of following technologies:
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Pack (WAP)
- Microsoft System Center (VMM, OM, SM, Orchestrator)
- Hyper-V (VMware, KVM hypervisor exposure desired)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Manager/FIM)
- Exchange and Exchange Online
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Understanding project financials
- Fluent in Japanese
You probably have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012 and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure.
Requisition ID - 39878
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top