Cloud Solutions Architect
Want to lead clients in Oslo in their digital journey? So do we!
You're committed to the Cloud and helping clients move their business up and realize results.
You're a proven technologist with strong business skills. You are comfortable leading a technical team and working with business partners, and you know how to build bridges between the two. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communication skills in both English and Norwegian, are proficient at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
About the job
Growing our cloud business and presence in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Solution Architect, you will be a part of our accomplished Infrastructure Community and be working with the newest Azure technologies on challenging and complex cloud transformations - helping our clients get the very best out of the cloud!
You'll need to bring great interpersonal and communication skills to this role, as you help your clients engage with often complex information.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
• Actively crafting and implementing creative Microsoft Azure solutions for clients
• Defining technological standards in the Azure environment
• Delivering throughout the project life cycle and be comfortable performing advisory engagements
• Crafting architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer's technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
• Executing technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure.
• Undertaking professional and technical reviews to ensure that your client has the best solution for their technical, security and general business needs
• Traveling as needed to our client sites.
Ideally, your experience also includes:
• Strong consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure
• Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, particularly in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies
• Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
• Working with global teams and offshore resources.
• Financial metrics, including profit and loss accounting and how decisions have an impact on costs and profits.
• Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical partners, both verbally and in written form.
• Azure Core Platform: Compute (IAAS & PAAS), Storage, Networking.
• Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes highly preferred
• Azure HA/DR, scaling and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup, Scale Sets)
• Kubernetes, Docker and Service Fabric
• Strong knowledge in Identity and Authentication Patterns (MFA)
• Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models
• General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, Ansible highly preferred, PowerShell scripting. (core/highly desirable)
• Strong knowledge with network topologies and technologies with emphasis on network gateway devices (ingress/egress)
• Familiarity with web technologies. (web servers, proxies, certificates)
• Application migration experience (VMware) would be a plus
• Demonstrated experience with Azure DevOps, including Automation/infrastructure as code.
• Knowledge of SQL databases
• Linux (RHEL, CentOS) experience is favorable
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate/Solutions Architect or similar certification is a nice to have.
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology or a related area, and/or the equivalent of 7+ years of experience in the IT sector.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be fluent in Norwegian, as well as possessing English language skills.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Madeleine A.Solutions Developer
As a development lead on Avanade’s projects, including content management modernization, Madeleine works with a team of technical experts to develop and implement solutions for her clients.
Back to top