Cloud Azure Infrastructure Consultant - Australian Citizenship required - Canberra
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we. You're committed to the Cloud and helping clients move their business up and realise results.
About you You are a solid technologist with good business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team and consulting with the clients business users. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communications skills, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Role Overview Our Consultants create sustainable concepts, working with our portfolio management team to make the most of technological developments in the Cloud. You'll support your clients by building modern and powerful cloud hosted application systems; working with them on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated software applications. Your work helps our clients get the very best out of the Cloud.
You'll need to bring great interpersonal and communication skills to this role, as you help your technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
Key Role Responsibilities Day-to-day, you will:
- Actively craft and implement innovative Cloud and Azure solutions with Microsoft technologies for clients
- Assist in the defining of technological standards in Azure environments
- Be involved in the entire project cycle: from analyzing requirements to crafting tasks, facilitate designs, build, test and provide operational documentation
- Design Microsoft Azure solutions that meets customer's technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads
- Work with our customers to assess the technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure
- Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure that your client has the best solution for their technical, security and business needs
- Travel as needed to client sites.
- Demonstrated consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies with demonstrated hands-on experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform: Compute (Iaas & Paas), Storage, Networking
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools (Azure Monitor / Log Analytics) and build/release processes highly preferred
- General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, Ansible highly preferred, PowerShell scripting.
- Azure HA/DR, scaling and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup, Scale Sets)
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (MFA)
- Familiarity with Azure network topologies and technologies with emphasis on network gateway devices (ingress/egress)
- Familiarity with web technologies. (web servers, proxies, certificates)
- Application migration experience would be a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models such as Azure DevOps, including automation/infrastructure as code is highly favorable
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL databases
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS) experience is favorable
- Experience interacting with internal clients from diverse professional backgrounds
- Experience working with global teams, including working with off-shore teams to facilitate project work
- Solid experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- MCSA - Windows Server 2016 required, or within 1 year of hire
- MCSE - Core Infrastructure required, or within 2 years of hire
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate required, or within 1 year of hire
- You will be willing to travel interstate if required for project requirements.
- Australian Citizenship is required due to the nature of clients we work within Canberra.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo a security clearance.
- An existing Baseline Security Clearance will be an added advantage.
Back to top