About the Role As a Senior Azure Infrastructure Architect, you will lead a team to plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures on the Azure Public Cloud. You will apply expertise and technical experience crafting systems to support customer needs and contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. And, you will be involved in the selling of Avanade solutions, proposal development, change requirements, some marketing/PR initiatives, and developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business as well as some Delivery Solutioning.
You are involved with the following:
- Azure infrastructure enterprise level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services
- Crafting, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and automated manner
- You will work closely with client operational resources in updating their on-premise practices to include cloud
- Lead a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources
- Working closely with applications, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design
- Travel to client locations as needed
Your skills could include:
- Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Cloud Providers such as Azure, AWS, Google, IBM
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Working with global teams and offshore resources.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical partners, both verbally and in written form.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Multiple years of demonstrated experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering.
- 2+ years in a technical position using Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL databases
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS) experience
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking (core need)
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes highly preferred
- Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models
- General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, Ansible highly preferred, PowerShell scripting. (core/highly desirable)
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (mfa)
- Familiarity with network topologies and technologies (DNS...) with emphasis on network gateway devices (ingress/egress)
- Familiarity Web Technologies. (web servers, proxies, certificates)
- Application migration experience (VMware) would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience with azure cloud infrastructure, including automation/infrastructure as code.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Joshua C.Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top