Business Development Manager (Large Enterprise Accounts)
This is a senior role with wide-ranging and often complex responsibilities, which call for a depth and breadth of business knowledge beyond the business development discipline. You will be responsible for generating sales and driving revenue within new and existing large enterprise accounts multiple industry sectors. At a strategic level, you will sell IT professional services and manage customer relationships for new and existing Avanade and Accenture accounts.
Tactically, this will involve prospecting, acquiring, developing and expanding business leads. You will be expected to open new accounts and also work with a portfolio of named customers to expand our footprint within their organisation. Your focus will be on achieving short- and long-term revenue and profit growth by new sales and increasing the profitability of a portfolio of accounts by cross-selling service lines, including Application managed services and/or Infrastructure managed services.
You will have previous experience selling IT Services and Solutions into large enterprise customers with bias on Managed Services, Cloud Transformation and Digital Transformation. It is important that you have lived the "Managed Services" sales cycle have previous experience selling at CIO, CTO, CFO level.
Day to day, you will:
- Identify opportunities to increase sales volume while ensuring service levels are met
- Assist management in devising sales plans and strategies
- Sell a portfolio of Avanade and/or third-party software and services directly to end-user organizations
- Specialize in the sale of enterprise systems and solutions including Cloud Transformation, Digital Transformation, Managed Services and the more traditional IT Solutions such as desktop packages, software development tools, databases, communications software, applications software, and new software license sales
- You will be capable of developing long-lasting customer relationships and gaining referrals with new and existing accounts. you will have a deep understanding of the needs of various stakeholders, and be able to marshal the right resources with or without direct authority.
- Previous experience in a senior seller role within a Large IT Consultancy
- Confident and experienced with working with the C-suite level
- Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing customer requirements, and selecting appropriate methods to fulfil them. You will be skilled at determining priorities, establishing a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively. Inside and outside Avanade, your interpersonal skills will enable you to leverage your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service. A skillful negotiator, you will be confident acting as trusted advisor when dealing with customers' business needs.
- Experience selling outsourcing or managed services deals or other large-scale engagements, including significant offshore delivery, is a significant advantage, particularly where they have involved leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
- On a practical level, you will have excellent Account Planning skills, using the global standard account plan document. A knowledge of sales pipeline management, and sales and revenue quotas is essential, as is experience in selling IT projects and solutions.
- You will need to show a solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and competitive offers.
Requisition ID - 47936
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top