Business Development Manager
About the role
Avanade's Business Development Leads are responsible for generating and closing sales for Avanade's services. This team brings in net-new business and continuously nurtures and expands existing customer relationships by identifying new service and solution opportunities.
As a Business Development Lead, you'll be assigned a portfolio of customers with a focus on developing new client relationships and building business. You'll identify and initiate relationships with new high-value customers and cross-sell new services to existing customers. You'll lead your team in consistently exceeding customer satisfaction.
The role is within the Products Operating Group (OG) one of Avanade's 5 client operating groups.
The Products OG covers the following vertical markets:
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Life Sciences
- Business Services
- The role requires someone having worked with clients in one or more of these markets.
- The role requires someone who has a strong level of experience of winning business transformation projects and business change programmes.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Plan and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation and customer satisfaction for assigned accounts
- Architect complex and high-impact sales deals
- Lead customer engagement opportunities from lead generation to deal review, negotiation and closing
- Create compelling proposals and work with engineering to coordinate delivery
- Develop strong C-level customer relationships, manage customer satisfaction, and drive cross-sell opportunities
- Maintain high-level understanding of Avanade offerings, Microsoft and Accenture solutions, and competitors' offerings
- Develop and maintain opportunity pipeline using Avanade customer relationship management (CRM) system.
This role demands a motivated, personable individual who operates with a high level of autonomy. You're excited about the possibilities of using technology to transform business, and you're gifted at crafting a vision that gets clients excited, too.
Specific skills you possess include:
- Tenacity and strong work ethic
- High curiosity; in understanding your clients' business, their issues, their reasons for investing or changing
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Great people and presentation skills
- Skilled negotiator
- Strong track record in managing sales pipelines and meeting revenue quotas.
You have experience selling large, complex, multi-year IT projects and solutions and working with global delivery centers. You are willing and able to travel. With at least seven years of services sales or professional consulting experience, and at least five years in management, you are a seasoned business development veteran.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Madeleine A.Solutions Developer
As a development lead on Avanade’s projects, including content management modernization, Madeleine works with a team of technical experts to develop and implement solutions for her clients.
Back to top